The cider press is complete, and the motor arrived for my apple grinder. The only problem now is that the shaft on the garbage disposal did not have a keyway cut into it, so I’ll have to make one. Without this, the coupler would never hold tight and power transmission would be a big problem.
This had to be done cheaply, as I didn’t want to dismantle the whole thing and take to a machine shop for a proper keyway to be cut. Instead, I put a cutoff wheel on my angle grinder and got to work.
I had to wedge in a few blocks of wood to hold everything still because the grinder vibrated everything and I wasn’t getting good contact with the motor shaft.
In the end, it all went together just fine and I think it will work great. It doesn’t look pretty, but I really don’t care. What matters most is that it works, and it does.
A little more plumbing work is all that is needed and this project will be complete.
Other Apple Grinder/Cider Press Posts:
Apple Cider Vinegar (future post)
Hard Cider (future post)