As you know Robert and I drove from California to Colorado last week with our 2 dogs (ha, still got you hanging), toddler and my mom. We had a cattle trailer filled to the brim with our junk and I drove the minivan crammed with more junk. We did have a great time and we learned a few things on our journey.
1. Flying is fast, my mom did a great job of reminding us of this on the way.
2. A cranky toddler versus a hungry pregnant lady, its a toss-up.
3. Toddlers can be pacified with a DVD player in the car and no I am not ashamed to admit that.
4. A 20 minute stop always, I repeat always, takes 1 hour.
5. Sparking on the rear brake is definitely a problem.
6. Walkie-talkies are not just for truck drivers.
7. Dogs don’t always love car rides.
8. Route 66 memorabilia was actually tempting while on the road.
9. A navigation system’s got nothin’ on an old fashioned paper map.
10. My husband can put up with more than any man, woman or child I know, I think he is part Superman.